Sunday, January 16, 2011

OUR new Home!

So for a while I have struggled what to call this place that everyone is asking about. "Dan is building us a "_________ " in the back of our pole barn that we will use for a work shop."

What Do I call it... An Apartment? (too urban) A cabin? (is sort of how I would love it to feel inside... but not right because there are no logs involved) A house? (Not really- its too unconventional for a house) A Flat? (isn't that European and suggest a building with other flats in? )
(the slider and  corner window is the living room and the next door to the left is the main entrance, then the window to the left is the boys room, the next window over is the girls room, and the next window is Dan's work office/ furnace room [the next open door you see is the workshop and not part of the living area])


Then it came to me... the perfect word I was looking for was "home"... "Dan is building us a home in the back of our pole building!"  That is everything that I want this place to be! Mr Serge and Mr Victor helped many days in a two weeks time and it came together fast! we are so excited! will post pictures of the walls soon.
Dan emailed me the pics from his i phone before Uncle Greg went to MN before Christmas and when  I saw the last two pictures... I cried!  Its one of the best sights I have ever seen! Greg has helped Dan much in the last weeks get metal up! (he is in the pic you see.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you so much for the pictures! How exciting to see the pictures of the the new home and business! Praying for speedy work on the inside too!

MOM, Terri Hofsommer said...

I am sure you are counting the days so I will count with you my wonderful daughter. I can't wait until you have your own home again, although I am thankful for Max and Betty's loving kindness to share theirs until you have your own.

Unknown said...

I am certain you are tallying the days so I will number with you my great girl. I can hardly wait until you have your own particular home once more, in spite of the fact that I am grateful for Max and Betty's adoring Help me to Do my Research Paper graciousness to share theirs until you have your own. How energizing to see the photos of the new home and business! Petitioning God for quick work within as well.