Friday, May 30, 2008

Doggy funeral

Xander "officiated" and spoke of how cute Nana was and how she was "just the best dog ever". Daddy and Grandpa Max had prepared a big hole at Uncle Greg's Farm by the pond. Grandma Betty got there and held Aliza as I took these pictures though my tears. I was so thankful the rain held off (and that the men got my car out of the muddy ditch).


Josie wanted to sing a "Josie made up song"... "Nana just died and ... sad... dead now.. Nana... we get a new dog. "


The kids and I took the morning and each painted a rock for her from our back yard. Xander's with a "heart and X ".. Josie's with a "J".. and mommy's with Nana's name and the short year we had her.

We will all miss her.

1 comment:

Terri Hofsommer said...

Xander, Josie and Aliza,
I know it is difficult and your hearts ache for our much loved Nana. In everything we can give thanks to the Lord. I thank the Lord you had such a good dog who loved you as much as you loved her. I am thankful mommy took such good care of Nana always and taught her so well to go on your bike trips, play ball with you and chase after Josie. Mama encouraged Nana to have a relationship with your family. Nana had a short life but a good life that your family provided her. I know she has left behind a place in your hearts that will never be replaced with another dog but she made owning her so memorable that another puppy will someday be welcomed! This experience I am sure will be many lifelong lessons for your future. Things will come up later in life and you will reflect how you learned something from Nana, whether in Nana's life or in her death, that you will treasure! I know you have learned alot about the value of life and how to comfort. In life we can trust God to teach us things and loving Nana I know has taught you so many things you do not realize right now but one day you will. Being your grandma, my heart breaks for you and I cannot see these pictures without tears and heartache but I know we can trust God to mend out lonely broken hearts. Let us praise God for his goodness in giving you Nana. Let us seek comfort and wisdom only he can give you. Let us thank God for a mommy who makes these times memorable even when she is hurting so much. She is thinking of you Xander, Josie and Aliza, trying to keep Nana a good memory in your lives and not be simply forgotten! With my love and affection, Your Grandma Terri