Thursday, June 28, 2007

Soccer Dad


We are done with Xander's first Soccer year. The Blue Dragons, the 2 practices a week and Sat games are all history now. This photo is my favorite. Josie and I have handsome men. Yeh? Maybe Xander will like soccer as much as Dan did as a kid.
Thank goodness for Dan this year too because his first practice I had Xander put his socks on then his Shin Guards.. after all the shin Guards were so cute with the Adidas logos, patent leather & shinny metal exposed.. and the socks would make the straps more comfortable right? Well come to find out the socks go over the guards... (wouldn't that stretch the socks out?)! How strange but sure enough all the other kids had their socks on over their guards too!
I guess Dads are better at these things than Moms!
Did I mention that at the first practice we were making introductions and I am aware that all the Moms and Dads are forming opinions of the rest of us Moms and Dads.. Xander stretches a bit and does one Jumping Jack and says in the clear, loud voice I taght him to use: "Hey Coach! I already did this .. this is the 2nd time today we did exercises... Me and my Mom did Sweat into the Oldies already today!" I felt a buch of eyes on me and just offered a little wave and smile to all (including both coaches that were looking at me with a raised eyebrow and slight smirk). :)

No comments: